Google

View my complete profile

Monday, October 15, 2007

Nathuram Godse

"If devotion to one's country amounts to a sin, I admit I have committed that sin. If it is meritorious, I humbly claim the merit thereof. I fully and confidently believe that if there be any other court of justice beyond the one founded by the mortals, my act will not be taken as unjust. If after the death there be no such place to reach or to go, there is nothing to be said. I have resorted to the action I did purely for the benefit of the humanity. I do say that my shots were fired at the person whose policy and action had brought rack and ruin and destruction to lakhs of Hindus."

-- Shri Nathuram Godse

The shocking fact is that the assasins were not headstrong fundamentalists but were highly educated intellectuals who loved their motherland as much, if not more, as Gandhiji. Then why did they do so ? There are two sides to every coin. This is just a humble attempt to flip the coin and bring out the other side of this dark episode in the history.

No comments: